Join Us for the Next Retreat:
Join us for an enchanting seven-day getaway at the Castello di Postignano, a medieval borgo (hamlet) in Umbria!
The upcoming Retreat features:
- Workshop: painting the landscape with Timothy Joseph Allen
- Workshop: creative writing with Rebecca Harrington
- Excursion: visit and wine tasting at a winery near the town of Bevagna
- Excursion: visit the medieval town of Gubbio
- Excursion: horseback riding on the great plain of Castellucio di Norcia
For more on the workshops, instructors and what you can expect to learn, please have a look here.
All traveling and excursions operated by Tasting Travel di D. Cittadoni
Via III settembre snc
06049 Spoleto (PG)
Tour operator e Guida Turistica Autorizzata regolarmente iscritta CCIAA PG-248310
Photo, right: Daniela and Tim in Assisi
Castello di Postignano is an historic medieval fortified hamlet, located in Valnerina in the heart of Umbria, that had languished abandoned for decades.
A passionate and dedicated team has given it a new lease of life, as multi-building hotel, implementing this remarkable restoration project paying meticulous attention to every single detail.
La Casa Rosa is the real heart of the Postignano castle. Its cuisine is simple, and its philosophy is based on great care, respect for local traditions and excellent quality of the fresh ingredients. The welcoming staff will make you feel at home even if you just drop in for a coffee.
The Tavola Rossa finds its place in a universe defined by Art, Culture and Beauty. It’s a place where pleasure and taste are masterfully guided by award-winning Chef Vincenzo Guarino, who will be the one leading the guests through an ever changing and surprising journey between inspiration, knowledge and source ingredients of the highest quality. An all-round sensory experience, more than a simply culinary one.
Castello di Postignano has three types of apartments:
- Junior Suite – one bedroom with a matrimonial bed
- Prestige Suite – two bedrooms, one with a matrimonial bed and one with a single bed
- Suite Deluxe – two bedrooms, both with a matrimonial bed
- Suite Deluxe with a private terrace
All apartments have a living area and a small kitchen.
The Castello also features a a billiards room, a wine and oil tasting room, a spa, jacuzzi and a heated pool.
Our special excursions for this Retreat feature some extraordinary locations:
- An afternoon trip to Bevagna to visit the winery Cantina Dionigi and indulge in wine tasting
- A visit to the medieval town of Gubbio. A full morning and afternoon.
- A visit to the great plain of Castelucio di Norcia. June is the perfect time to go… the fields of flowers are in full bloom. A truly spectacular sight to see. Even if you don’t want to ride horseback, it’s worth the trip.
Important note: all excursions are optional, as some may wish to remain at the castello to write or paint. Please let us know at the time of registration if there is an excursion that does not interest you. There is a reduction in cost for each excursion you wish to skip.
Location of Castello di Postignano
What to See and Do During Your Free Time at the Castello?
The Castello di Postignano website has a great feature that presents all of the sites and cultural experience in and around its location, and makes it even possible to filter the location according to means of transport: by foot, by bike, by car, etc.
The 8-Day Renaissance Retreat Schedule: Meals, Excursions, Painting Program & Writing Program
We strongly recommend that you arrive in Rome at least the day before the scheduled pick-up and transfer from Rome to Castello di Postignano… and schedule your return flight for at least the day after the transfer from Castello di Postignano to Rome.
What Does it Cost?
The Renaissance Retreat at the Castello di Postignano is…. The total cost varies according to room choice and the number of people in the room.
The total cost for a single Participant with his or her own room: €6,500.
The total cost for two Participants sharing a room: €11,200.
The final price is calculated once we know:
- How many in the group.
- How many want single apartments vs. how many want to share an apartment
The cost does NOT include all the extra-curricular activities (marked with an asterisk *) like yoga or massage. These are booked once you are at the Castello. Airfare and/or travel to Rome is also not included.
We strongly recommend that you arrive in Rome at least the day before the scheduled pick-up and transfer from Rome to Castello di Postignano… and schedule your return flight for at least the day after the transfer from Castello di Postignano.
We also strongly recommend you buy travel insurance in the event you have to cancel. Please read carefully our Terms and Conditions prior to booking.
Transfer to and from custom locations is possible at an additional charge.
How Do I Register?
Registration is a 3-step process. Using the Registration form below, you can:
- Indicate the total number of people and the room category.
- Provide your Contact Information
- Confirm your Registration Information
- Payment is NOT due at the time of Registration.
- After we have received and reviewed your information, we will send you a Request for Payment for a Deposit of 30% of the total cost per Painting Participant and Non-Painting Companion.
- Once we have received the Deposit, your reservation and participation is secure.
- The Deposit is non-refundable.
- The remaining amount is due 60 days prior to the start of the Retreat.
- Please read carefully our Terms and Conditions.
Questions Before You Register?
Please send us any questions you may have using our contact form and we’ll be happy to reply as soon as possible.
Should the above dates not work for you and your group, Custom Retreats are possible. Please contact me using the contact form for details.
For any and all questions that you don’t find an answer to on this web page, please use the contact form or send a message via WhatsApp: +39 347 263 1033.
—Timothy Joseph Allen
Your Painting Teacher and Renaissance Retreat Organizer